Last night Macie was talking to an ant that had made it's new home in our main floor bathroom. I was trying to get her to hurry up and get off to bed. I thought she was scared of it so I took a napkin smashed it and threw it away. Next I look at Macie and she was crying gigantic tears. the following conversation went like this;
"Macie what is wrong?"
"First Daxton moved, then Emma, and now my friend is dead"
Apparently the ant was making up for recent loss of friends it broke my heart and I just hugged her. It is interesting how children handle change. She is a good sport. I sure love her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
oh, so sad! But how cute is it that she was talking to an ant! Ha! Love it! Tanner feels the same way about all of his friends we have lost along the way! She is so sweet!
oh that is so sad/cute!
My kids wanted a pet so bad last summer so when Shaun was tilling the garden Trevor found a worm, and he said it was his pet. I told him it couldn't come in the house and had to stay out in the dirt, we never did find that worm again. We would find others out in the garden but he said it wasn't the same one.
That is so sad!! Poor girl! But too cute!! What a sweet girl you have!!
Marianne! It's your cousin Courtney ....I am so glad I found your blog. Macie is soo big and grownup and Thomas is adorable....hope things are well in Wisconsin. Our blog is jcschreck.blogspot.com if you want to see!
Emma misses Macie too! She asked me the other day when we got to the park where her friends were? She asks about Macie a lot.
I miss you too Marianne!
Post a Comment