Summer has come and gone and for most people that is a bummer but to me it means it is Fall time and if you know anything about me it is obvious(to me anyway) that I LOVE fall!!!
The last couple of posts have been about my kids and Sky so this one is to fill you in on what I have been up to which of course involves all of the above because they are my life.
For months I have been looking forward to Sky's 2 Week summer break where we were anticipating driving to Idaho spending time with our parents and then leaving the kids with Grandma and Grandpa Hammond while Sky and I went to Mexico for a whole week. I was hesitant and nervous to leave the kids for that long but in the end We had a great time. One day it was so hot outside i didn't think I could take another day of it so we went to the local mall and saw two movies back to back not a normal occurrence in our lives. Lots of time reading on the beach swimming in the pool and most of all it was fun to not have to be anywhere and do anything for anyone for a whole week. I know sounds selfish but it was great!!!!
After Mexico Sky had to get back to school so the kids and I stayed for 3 more weeks yup you didn't read that wrong 3 weeks...We stayed because My youngest sister Jessica was getting married mid September and it just didn't make sense to come back to Wisconsin and then back to Idaho within a three week period. The kids and I had a great time visiting my sister in Boise for a week. The kids had a blast with their cousins and I had a blast with my sister Jen!! I love hanging out with her and to be honest I think I have been in denial of how much I miss family especially my sisters... there you have it my moment of weakness don't tell anyone okay?
My sisters wedding went well. She looked beautiful and happy. I met her now husband for the first time and he is very nice and makes my sister happy, so I am happy for them. My sister Camille did the flowers and they looked fantastic and the yard looked beautiful as always my mom does such a great job. It was fun to have all of the siblings together again and remember what strong fun personality's everyone has...
I can't seem to get the pictures up loaded so whne I can I will add them to the post until then have a great Fall day!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Im happy for Jessica! Glad you could spend so much time with the family. Hope you come back to the west coast after Dental school.
It's okay to miss family as long as you miss us too!
Glad you had a fun summer. Hope you're having a good fall as well. It was good to talk to you!
Miss ya
Post a Comment