It has been interesting at our house lattly, I have been struggling with a three year old who decided that it is okay to be whinney all day long, argue with me about everything, not listen to me and turns and says "Whatever mom". (but at the same time she can turn around and be soooo sweet and perfect) If she is like this at three I have no idea what we will be doing when she is thirteen.
I have been doing a lot of thinking and praying and wondering how to handle these fits without loosing my cool, I know all of you fantastic Mom and Dads have dealt with similar situations and I am wondering what you have done to help your child understand that they are not going to get what they want when they pitch a fit and when they don't listen without being completely frustrated and lost. Any ideas are welcome I am lost!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
The one and only thing that has seemed to help me is to put them in the corner, nose to the wall and standing up. I let them be there for how old they are. So if they are 3, 3 minutes. Then I talk to them after. I don't always do it, but for them it is worse than spanking because it lasts longer!!
This age is really hard. Melanie was REALLY hard at this age. My Visiting Teacher taught me something that really stuck when I was struggling with Melanie. She said that each of her children are so different and she looks at them and thinks "what can I learn from them". That has totally changed the way I look at my kids. When I stopped trying to control Melanie, she blossomed!!
Good luck Marianne! Just as we think we figure it out they hit another stage, like teenagers!! oh the joys of learning and growing!!
So Tanner is getting better about this, but time outs are a joke with him. I usually put him in his room until it is over so that I don't beat him. (just kidding I wouldn't do that.) Anyway, he usually trashes his room, but he doesn't come out until he is done with the fit, but I more or less have to contain it. I have decided to learn my kids love languages. Thanks to you, I know what that is, but it has helped me with my approach to each situation. But in the end, I have no idea really what to do because I think that they just grow out of it as the mature and learn to self manage their emotions.
So in summary, I don't know, good luck! Ha ha!!!
Terrible 2's came late... That's the only explanation because your the perfect mom!
Going through about the same thing! Emma acts like a teenager already. She just picked it up though so you can't blame her for rubbing off on Macie before we left.:) Good Luck! Let me know if you figure out what to do!
Post a Comment